Today is about chocolate, because it’s the weekend and I love chocolate. This is so easy and quick to make that I might get myself in trouble with this one. Now…, I know we just posted brownies, but it’s been almost two weeks so we’re due for some chocolate. I mean, is there any other flavor? Sort of kidding, but you know what I mean, there isn’t anything quite like chocolate.
While the oven is preheating, I make this on the stove top in a cast iron skillet. If you don’t have one, I can’t recommend it enough. You can make this in a large saucepan and bake the batter in a pie plate, it fits perfectly. I used a fork to break up the nut butter before whisking it in. I suppose you could use a food processor, but that would be a lot more dishes. Even with the nut butter being a little difficult, I still had this in the oven in 10 minutes!
Look at that silky-rich-deliciousness! I made a double batch and I saved some batter in the bowl for ‘taste testing’ while the first cake was baking.
This is superb with coconut ice cream melting into the tender, fudgy cake.
This cake is a mix of tender and moist, mixed with dense and fudgy. The scoop of coconut ice cream on top seems to enhance the depth of chocolate flavor, enhancing the decadence.
If your weekend plans didn’t include something chocolaty, I hope they do now!
- 4 Tablespoons butter (use coconut oil for dairy-free)
- ½ cup cocoa
- ¾ cup maple syrup (Grade A)
- 8 ounces almond butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ Teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Place a 9" cast iron skillet over low heat, and begin to melt the butter.
- Whisk in the rest of the ingredients one at a time, taking care not the get the mixture too hot, (you don't want to scramble your eggs).
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. You want to take it out when it is still fudgy and soft in the middle because it will continue to cook after you take it out of the oven.
For the Death by Chocolate recipe, make this cake with ⅔ cup of maples syrup.
This recipe was first posted by Get Inspired Everyday! All content is Copyright Protected - ©2013 - 2016 Get Inspired Everyday!. All Rights Reserved.