This basic, easy to assemble salad is a follow-up post to the Roasted Sweet Potatoes. Together these two recipes make up dinner at least once a week for us. This recipe is just a guide, you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand. Sometimes I use only a couple of vegetable toppings if I’m in a hurry or we haven’t been grocery shopping in a bit. The point of this dinner is about being easy and customizable.
I like to peel a few strips off of the cucumber. It looks pretty and the skin can be sort of chewy sometimes.
Cut into quarters lengthwise. Then cut crosswise into bite-sized pieces.
Assemble the rest of your ingredients.
Whisk together the first few dressing ingredients. Then slowly drizzle in olive oil until emulsified.
Scatter prepped ingredients over the salad greens, toss with dressing or serve on the side. I hope you enjoy this super easy weeknight dinner as much as we do.
- 2 romaine hearts
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1½ cups tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ Teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Tear or cut romaine hearts into bite sized pieces. Wash in salad spinner then place in a serving bowl.
- Peel 3-4 strips from the cucumber. Split the cucumber in half then into quarters lengthwise. Slice crosswise into small pieces.
- Top the salad greens with the grated carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, and green onions.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, garlic and salt. While whisking, add the olive oil in a slow steady stream. Continue whisking until emulsified.
- Toss the salad with the vinaigrette or serve on the side
This recipe was first posted by Get Inspired Everyday! All content is Copyright Protected - ©2013 - 2016 Get Inspired Everyday!. All Rights Reserved.