I’ve been eating No-Bake Cookies all my life, and I love them! They’re so easy to make, and I never get tired of this childhood favorite. Our family recipe for No-Bake Cookies probably isn’t the healthiest, so I came up with this healthier version to satisfy my sweet tooth.
We did three different versions of this recipe: original plain, original with chopped walnuts, and one with almond butter. I really like all three, but I’m totally crazy about the version with almond butter! The original cookie is awesome just as it is, but once you mix the almond butter in, they become insanely addictive (don’t say I didn’t warn you!). It has the perfect trio going on: chocolate, coconut, and almonds!
I like to use a combination of fine and big flake coconut for more texture in these cookies.
After the chocolate mixture comes to a boil, it will turn thicker like the picture above. Once it thickens, remove it from the heat and mix in the coconut and any add-ons that you might want.
Sometimes it’s nice to have more that one kind of cookie, so I spoon out half the batch and then add almond butter or walnuts to the other half.
I’ve always considered these cookies more of a snacking kind of sweet, but you can dress them up too. They’re really good served warm with Homemade Coconut Ice Cream. These cookies are also particularly good on a Saturday morning with coffee, (yes I do have cookies for breakfast once in a while)!
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup cocoa (cacao) powder
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1½ cups coconut sugar
- 2 cups finely shredded coconut
- 1 cup big flake coconut
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- ½ cup almond butter
- Combine the coconut milk, cocoa powder, coconut oil, and coconut sugar in a larger saucepan. Cook the mixture over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until it comes to a boil, then boil for 1 minute.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the shredded coconut, big flake coconut, and the vanilla.
- From here, you can spoon the cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet to cool, or you can pick an addition to add before forming into the cookies.
This recipe was first posted by Get Inspired Everyday! All content is Copyright Protected - ©2013 - 2016 Get Inspired Everyday!. All Rights Reserved.