We make stir fries almost every week because they just never get old! They’re packed with flavor, and they’re my favorite way to eat a ton of veggies without even thinking about it.
We’ve also gotten into 1 pot and sheet pan dinners where everything comes together in one pan in just a few minutes. So I thought it’s only natural to combine the two ideas and make an easy sheet pan stir fry.
This dish takes just one baking sheet, and there’s no need to cook on the stove top over high heat, making a mess. Instead everything is placed on a lined cookie sheet, doused in tasty sauce, and roasted into perfection.
Obviously with this method you don’t get the pan seared flavor you would from a stove top stir fry. But the sauce caramelizes around the edges of the pan when it’s roasted and the flavor is so good. Plus you can’t beat the easy cleanup!
First off the sauce is mixed together in a small bowl.
Then for the veggies you want to keep them thinly sliced with the broccoli florets being no bigger then 1/2″ – 1″. If the veggies are too big, it takes too long for them to roast, and you don’t want the chicken to overcook.
And finally you add the chicken and veggies to the sheet pan, spreading them out evenly, and pour the sauce over the top.
After a few minutes in the oven, it comes out with the sauce bubbling around the chicken and veggies. You can serve it with your favorite stir fry side dish like rice. Or switch it up to add more veggies and serve it over spaghetti squash.
- 1Tablespoon organic cornstarch, or tapioca starch
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup, or honey, see notes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, 10 ounces, diced ¼"
- 3 heads broccoli, 1 pound
- 4-6 carrots, 12 ounces
- 1 red bell pepper, 8 ounces
- 1 pkg boneless skinless chicken thighs, 1½ pounds, cut into 1"-2" pieces
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together the cornstarch and soy sauce until the cornstarch completely dissolves, and no lumps remain. Add the maple syrup or honey and garlic, mixing to combine.
- Place the diced onion on the lined baking sheet. For the broccoli, cut the tops into ½"-1" florets, and place the florets on the baking sheet. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the tough outer layer aways from the broccoli stems. Thinly slice the stems into ¼" slices, and place them on the baking sheet.
- Peel the carrots and thinly slice them into ¼" rounds, then add them to the baking sheet. Core the bell pepper and cut it in half. Remove the seeds and slice it into ¼" strips lengthwise, then cut the strips in half crosswise. Divide the prepped veggies between the baking sheets along with the cut up chicken pieces, spreading everything evenly. Stir the sauce again to make sure the cornstarch hasn't settled to the bottom before pouring it evenly over both sheet pans of chicken and veggies.
- Place one baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the veggies are crisp tender. Stir once during the cooking time to make sure everything is coated in sauce. After the first pan is done, repeat with the second sheet pan, you can cook both at once but you'll need to rotate them in the oven halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve immediately with your choice of side, we love to serve this with steamed rice.
This recipe was first posted by Get Inspired Everyday! All content is Copyright Protected - ©2013 - 2016 Get Inspired Everyday!. All Rights Reserved.