These simple sweet potato noodles have become a permanent fixture in our house for any meal. They’re great paired with these Veggie Scrambled Eggs with Aged White Cheddar for breakfast, and they’re one of my favorite lunches rewarmed with a spoonful of guacamole on top for a quick and easy meal.
I also serve them with dinner in all sorts of ways: you can serve them with an Easy Herb Roasted Chicken or this Honey Mustard Pork Loin, but they’re also great added to all sorts of spiralized recipes. Sometimes when I want to add a bit more bulk to a zucchini noodle recipe, I add in a pan of roasted sweet potato noodles. The reason it works so well to roast them first is because zucchini noodle recipes usually need a huge skillet to make even enough for 2 people. So when I’m cooking for 4, it works well to cook the sweet potato noodles separately in the oven, and then add them in at the end making enough to go around.
These noodles are a simple as twirling them through the spiralizer which only takes a couple minutes, then you drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Then all that’s left to do is sit back and watch them roast into caramelized perfection.
And… here they are with lovely browned edges just waiting to be gobbled up!
These really are so simple that they’re barely a recipe with just 3 ingredients, but this plain version is just a stop off for all sorts of variations! You can mix together a little chili powder, chipotle powder, and cumin with the sea salt for a Mexican inspired version which is especially good with the above mentioned guacamole. Adding a little chopped rosemary, sage, or thyme is a fantastic flavor pairing with and roasted meats, and finally another fun thing to do is spiralize a large sweet yellow onion and roast the two together!
- 2½ pounds sweet potatoes or yams
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, or avocado oil
- sea salt
- optional freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thoroughly wash the sweet potatoes and trim any bad spots away. Slice off both ends and slice them in half through the middle, (this makes it easier to spiralize when they're not so long).
- Spiralize the sweet potatoes and place them on the lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast them in the oven until just tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was first posted by Get Inspired Everyday! All content is Copyright Protected - ©2013 - 2016 Get Inspired Everyday!. All Rights Reserved.