There’s nothing quite like a brownie sundae, and the only thing that could make it better is strawberries! Now… don’t get me wrong, I love all berries but there’s a special place in my heart for strawberries.
Chewy chocolatey brownies over cool creamy coconut ice cream, loaded with garden fresh strawberries and topped off with rich fudge sauce. Does it get any better? I’m thinking not, but you never know. I’ll just have to make more chocolate desserts and see if I can’t out-do myself!
Strawberry season is almost over here, and as usual I’m not ready. I love strawberries so much, that I could eat bowlfuls everyday all summer long. I’m going to get some ever-bearing plants next year to extend the strawberry harvest just a little longer!
Slice up your strawberries and place them in a serving bowl. I like to slice my berries on the thick side to get more strawberry flavor in each bite.
You can bake the batch of brownies and make the ice cream the day before. The fudge sauce can also be made and kept in the fridge for weeks. With each component made, this comes together really quickly. You can even bake the brownies and freeze them until you’re ready to serve. So…what I’m getting at, is that you can have all parts of this recipe on hand for instant sundae gratification.
We had the first sundae with soft ice cream just out of the machine and it was delicious, but melted pretty quick. If you want a nice presentation, use ice cream that is thoroughly frozen. We also made one of these with Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream for a ‘double good’ strawberry experience.
Drizzling a little fudge sauce over this sundae is just what it needs to take it over the top.
And…then, drizzle a little more fudge sauce because in this case, more is better!
Try serving this recipe with Homemade Coconut Ice Cream.
- 8 ounces nut butter (cashew or almond)
- ½ cup maple syrup, Grade A
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoon melted butter, or coconut oil for dairy free
- ¼ Teaspoon baking soda
- 6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- Fudge Sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup, Grade A
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 batch of Coconut Ice Cream
- 3-4 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Mix together all the ingredients for the brownies and pour the batter into a 9" pie pan. Bake for 20 minutes until done, but still fudgy in the middle. Set aside to cool.
- Stir together the ingredients for the fudge sauce and place in a serving container, (I used a squeeze bottle).
- Make the ice cream and use immediately for a soft sundae or freeze for a few hours for a firmer ice cream.
- Slice the strawberries and place them in a serving bowl.
- For the sundaes, serve the ice cream, brownies, and strawberries together in a bowl and drizzle with the fudge sauce.
This recipe was first posted by Get Inspired Everyday! All content is Copyright Protected - ©2013 - 2016 Get Inspired Everyday!. All Rights Reserved.