This simple recipe is what I have been using for the past few years and it has been working great. When we were living in Calgary last year, it was more convenient to buy a bottle of natural cleaner from the grocery store. It turned out to be a waste of time. More often than not they seem to leave a bit of a residue. That’s why I like this cleaner so much, it’s effective and it costs less than a dollar to make.
It’s important to put the arrowroot or cornstarch in first so that the vinegar and water can help it move through the funnel. Once I measure the arrowroot, I tap the funnel and bottle a couple of times on the counter so that it filters down. The vinegar and water take care of the rest.
I love to use this cleaner on our ceramic tile, the bathtub, kitchen sink, counters, you name it. Note: do not use this cleaner on natural stone such as travertine, as this cleaner is acid based and will eat the finish off your natural stone. We are going to be laying travertine on our bathroom floor so I’m currently working on something for natural stone.
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot or cornstarch
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- 10 drops of tea trea essential oil
- Use a funnel to place the arrowroot into a spray bottle.
- Tap on the counter a couple of times so that the arrowroot filters into the bottle. Pour in vinegar and add a little water.
- Put the lid on and shake the bottle to combine.
- Add essential oils and fill the bottle to the 24 ounce line with water.
This recipe was first posted by Get Inspired Everyday! All content is Copyright Protected - ©2013 - 2016 Get Inspired Everyday!. All Rights Reserved.