This mango soft serve is a super flavorful, easy to make, healthy treat that everyone loves!
- 6 cups frozen mango chunks, 1 1/12 pounds
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half or 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut cream, see notes
- 3–6 Tablespoons maple syrup, I use Grade A amber
- Place the frozen mango chunks in a 6-quart food processor. Scrape the seeds from each vanilla bean half into the food processor, or add the vanilla extract.
- Secure the lid and begin processing. Stop the machine each time the fruit sticks, and break apart the big chunks before processing again. This will happen several times in the first few minutes, but once the fruit begins to break down it will process on it’s own.
- Process until the mango is completely smooth like ice cream, about 5-6 minutes. Then add the coconut cream, and a small amount of maple syrup. Process again until smooth, and taste to see if you need to add more syrup. The sweetness of mango really varies, so your amount of sweetener will change with each batch.
- Serve immediately, or freeze for another 2-3 hours for a firmer texture.
You can buy small cans of coconut cream, or simply scrape off the hardened coconut cream that rises to the top of a can of coconut milk, and reserve the rest for another recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Healthy Mango Soft Serve Ice Cream Recipe, Mango Ice Cream, Nice Cream without Bananas, Mango Coconut Nice Cream, Paleo Mango Ice Cream