These 20 Healthy Recipes for Cinco de Mayo are perfect for everything from breakfast to dinner. There’s also some fun snacks and some kombucha mocktails thrown in as well!
It’s no exaggeration to say I think about food day and night. Really… I go to bed thinking about food, and I wake up excited about what I’m going to eat. So it’s only natural that I look at any holiday as an excuse to eat yummy things!
I know I’m not alone in this by any means. After all, we tend to create weekly holidays just for eating. I mean why not make an ordinary Tuesday a ‘Taco Tuesday’? And… is there a single day of the year that’s not a food holiday now? I feel like I’m always hearing it’s ‘doughnut day’ or something along those lines.
So I hope whatever your circumstances are this particular Cinco de Mayo, that these recipes will provide some inspiration. And I hope you and whatever family/friends you have currently living with you enjoy them.
Hopefully soon we’ll be able to throw backyard parties again. And if that’s the case, I have so many ideas for this summer. But for now, we’ll just be celebrating the next few holidays quietly at home. And of course we’ll be making delicious things to eat!
Let’s get started with dinner ideas:
- Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa Bowls
- Instant Pot Carnitas
- Chipotle Rubbed Shrimp Tacos
- Healthy Chicken Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Jalapeno Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
- Ancho Chili Chicken Taco Bowls
- Paleo Burrito Bowls with Mango Salsa
- Enchilada Beef Sweet Potato Noodles
- Instant Pot Chicken Tinga Tacos
- Fish Taco Lettuce Wraps with Mango Salsa
- Taco Sweet Potato Bowls
- Mexican Turkey Burgers with Fresh Corn Salsa
- Mexican Chipotle Caesar Salad
- Guacamole Salad with Grilled Chipotle Chicken
- Chipotle Chicken Street Corn Salad
Cinco de Mayo Breakfast Options:
- Mexican Inspired Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowls
- Roasted Poblano Breakfast Tacos
- Mexican Baked Avocado Eggs
Salsas & Guacamole:
- Easy Fire Roasted Blender Salsa
- The Best Guacamole
- Fresh Pico de Gallo from my Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
- Strawberry Mango Avocado Salsa
- Caramelized Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- Mango Salsa from my Tostones recipe
- Mexican Chimichurri – (super good with so many tacos/bowls)
- Mango Madness Guacamole
- Bacon Guacamole
Queso Party/Fun Date Night:
Kombucha Mocktail Inspiration: the ‘recipe’ for the one pictured above: Grapefruit Spindrift + a squeeze of fresh lime juice + a splash of freshly squeezed grapefruit or pineapple kombucha over ice. And for more inspiration, check out my 5 Easy Kombucha Mocktails.
So I hope you’ll enjoy some of these Mexican inspired recipes. And maybe they’ll even provide some Taco Tuesday inspiration as well! If you do make one, I hope you’ll leave me a comment below. And I always love hearing from you here. Or over on Instagram where you can tag me at #getinspiredeveryday with your photos.
P.S. In case anyone was keeping count… well it looks like I put together 30+ recipes instead of the 20 mentioned in the title – so happy eating!