These 30 Recipes to Make for September take you through recipes featuring everything from tomatoes to squash. September is a special time of year with so much abundant produce in season, so I hope you enjoy some of these recipes over the next few weeks! They’re gluten free recipes with lots of dairy free and paleo recipes too. There’s options for everything from breakfast to snacks, healthy lunches, and dinners as well.
There’s so much in season during the month of September, it’s hard to know where to begin! You’ll still find a bit of corn lingering in there along with tomatoes. But you also start to see all things pumpkin and winter squash, along with potatoes.
I’m the type of person that has a hard time letting go of summer. But since September is my absolute favorite month, it feels a bit like summer carries on. The nights grow colder but the days are still warm enough to enjoy summery food. And the temperatures here in Montana are perfect for sitting out on the patio for dinner because it’s ‘not to hot and not too cold’!
Oh… and that reminds me of what I made the other night I wanted to share with you! I made my Blender Fresh Tomato Checca Sauce without the mozzarella and tossed it with angel hair, (zucchini noodles work too).
Then for a side dish, I sautéed fresh corn and zucchini. When the zucchini was crisp tender, I pulled the pan from the heat, let it cool for about 10 minutes. Then folded in some of my Basil Aioli I had leftover in the fridge. (It’s important to let the veggies cool a bit, if you fold aioli into veggies that are too hot, the sauce will break and look like a puddle of oil.)
This side dish was seriously so delicious my husband asked for 3rds! This really is unheard of when there’s pasta on the table. So I knew I had to share it with you.
First up I have 3 recipes to make before the summer produce ends!
- Summer Antipasto Plate (brand new and perfect for outdoor dining moving into fall!)
- Banh Mi Burger Bowls
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken topped with Caprese Salad
Now let’s kick off these 30 Recipes to Make for September with some breakfast options:
- Pumpkin Spice Streusel Muffins
- Glazed Cinnamon Apple Streusel Muffins
- Sweet Potato Sausage Apple Hash
- Double Pumpkin Pie Granola
- Meal Prep Egg Muffins 3 Ways
- Roasted Garlic Butternut Hummus
- Slow Cooker Applesauce
- Easy Instant Pot Queso (Paleo & Vegan)
- Meal Prep Chia Pudding
- 3 Quick and Easy Apple Slice Snacks
And now on to some easy dinners!
- Easy Instant Pot BBQ Shredded Chicken
- Cedar Plank Greek Salmon
- Blender Fresh Tomato Checca Sauce (perfect over zucchini noodles or angel hair)
- Chicken Zucchini Noodle Ramen
- Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa Bowls
- Sweet Chili Chicken Stir Fry
- Pumpkin Thai Curry
- Honey Mustard Chicken Apple Skillet
- Healthy Chicken Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Double Ranch Pork Chop Sheet Pan Dinner
- Chorizo Red Pepper Sweet Potato Noodles
- Healthy Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice 3 Ways
And finally… some desserts!
- Paleo Caramel Apple Crisp
- Healthier Carrot Sheet Cake
- Paleo Caramel Apple Blondies
- Sticky Bun Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Gluten Free Apple Galette
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Apple Pie Skillet Cake
Bonus recipes for easy & healthy lunches:
- Easy Homemade Healthy Lunchables
- BLAT Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Ranch Mayo
- Curried Mango Chicken Salad
- Healthy Tuna Salad Meal Prep
- Italian Sub Lettuce Wraps
- Easy Sriracha Tuna Salad
- Healthy Greek Chicken Meal Prep
So whatever you happen to bring home from the store or farmers market, I know you’ll find some new favorites here. If you do make one of these, I hope you’ll let me know in the comments. And be sure and tag me with your photos over on Instagram, I love seeing what you’re making!