- 8 cups washed baby spinach, 8-10 ounces
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 4, grilled
- 10 small mandarin oranges, peeled, 1 1/2 pounds
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
Creamy Ginger Dressing:
- 1/2 cup avocado oil, or neutral tasting oil of your choice
- 3 Tablespoons minced ginger
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed mandarin juice, from 1-2
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 cup chopped celery, 2.5 ounces
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Place the baby spinach in a large serving bowl.
- Chop into bite sized pieces or thinly slice both the grilled chicken and mandarin oranges.
- Arrange them over the baby spinach along with the sliced red onion, bell pepper, and sprinkle the almonds and chopped cilantro over the top.
- For the dressing, place all the ingredients into a high powered blender. Secure the lid, and blend starting on low and working up to medium high speed. Blend until the dressing is completely smooth and creamy.
- Serve the salad with the dressing on the side.
The recipe for the Creamy Ginger Dressing makes about 2 cups. You may have some leftover depending on how much dressing you prefer on your salad.