- 2 medium zucchini, 1 pound
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup tahini, (sesame seed paste)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt, or to your taste
- anything you’d like on hummus
- I used 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved and chopped fresh cilantro with a drizzle of olive oil
- Slice the ends off the zucchini and cut them into chunks, about 6 pieces per zucchini. Place the zucchini pieces along with the rest of the ingredients into a 12-cup food processor. Secure the lid and process until smooth, scraping down the sides 2-3 times.
- For an ultra smooth hummus, prepare the zucchini and place all the ingredients in the order listed into a high powered blender. Secure the lid and blend starting on low and working up to medium, using the tamper to keep the mixture moving.
- Remove the hummus from the machine and place it into an airtight container. The hummus will keep for 5-6 days in the fridge.