- 1 1/2 pounds of butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2” cubes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- 6 ounces baby kale, washed
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Bacon Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 4 ounces bacon, 4 strips
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the cubed butternut evenly over the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast until tender and caramelized, 25-30 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, prepare the rest of the salad.
- Place the kale in a serving bowl or individual salad plates. Sprinkle the kale with crumbled feta and pomegranate seeds.
- Preheat a cast iron pan over medium heat. Cut the bacon strips down the middle lengthwise, then cut crosswise to make bacon bits.
- Fry the bacon until crispy. Remove the pan from the heat and cool for about 3 minutes, (don’t drain the bacon, it’s part of the dressing). Add the minced garlic, stir to combine, and whisk in the remaining dressing ingredients.
- When the squash is done, arrange some on each prepared salad plate or toss as one big salad. Drizzle with the warm bacon dressing and serve immediately.