- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper, 1 small
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 – 12 ounce package trimmed whole green beans, about 4 cups
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Preheat a 9″ cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the olive oil and red bell pepper. Sauté until the pepper begins to soften, about 2-3 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook until fragrant, another 30 seconds.
- Finally add the green beans and balsamic vinegar to the pan, cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the beans are crisp tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and season to taste with sea salt.
- Stir in the basil and serve immediately.