- 1 pkg boneless skinless chicken thighs, 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Sambal Oelek chili paste
- 1 Tablespoon Grade A maple syrup
- 1 large Napa Cabbage, 2 1/2 pounds
- 1 bunch of carrots, 1 pound
- 1 large cucumber, 10 ounces
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, 1 ounce
- 1 small bunch of basil, 1/2 ounce
- 1 bunch of green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
Creamy Sriracha Dressing:
- Combine all the ingredients for the saté chicken and marinate overnight or at least one hour.
- For the slaw, finely shred the Napa cabbage. Wash and spin dry in a salad spinner.
- Wash, peel, and cut the ends off the carrots. Grate the carrots and add them to the cabbage.
- Slice both ends off the cucumber and slice it into quarters lengthwise. Place the quarters flat side down on the cutting board and thinly slice them crosswise into triangular pieces.
- Chop all the herbs and add them to the slaw with the cucumber.
- Preheat the grill over medium heat until the grill reaches a steady 350º-400ºF.
- While the grill is heating make the dressing by placing everything except the oil into a blender. Blend on low until combined, and with the blender running slowly drizzle in the avocado oil until the dressing becomes thick and emulsified. The slaw (minus the basil) and dressing can be stored separately for 2 days at this point until you’re ready to serve it.
- Place the chicken on the grill and grill for about 8 minutes or until the meat loosens from the grill and it’s easy to turn over. Grill for an additional 6-8 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink. The cooking time will always vary depending on the size of the chicken thighs.
- Allow the chicken to cool a bit before cutting it up into bite sized pieces.
- Toss the chicken with the slaw and the dressing.
- Serve immediately.