- 2 romaine hearts, cut or torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan for garnish
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Toast the pine nuts in a sauté pan over medium heat until lightly browned, 5-10 minutes.
- Place all ingredients except lemon juice and oil in a blender. Blend on low until combined.
- With blender on low, pour in lemon juice then slowly drizzle olive oil into dressing, increasing speed to medium. Blend dressing until thick and creamy.
- Toss romaine with dressing and place in serving bowl. Sprinkle pine nuts and remaining 1/4c parmesan over salad. Serve immediately with freshly ground black pepper.
Just as a side note; this recipe can be made without the parmesan, making it dairy free. It won’t be a traditional Caesar but it will taste good that way as well.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Category: Salad