- 1 cantaloupe, 3-4 pounds
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, sliced and frozen, 8 ounces
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and quartered, fresh or frozen
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2–4 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- optional edible flowers for decoration
- Slice the cantaloupe in half, and scoop out the seeds. If you’d like smaller servings, slice the cantaloupe into quarters. Place each melon piece in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the frozen banana slices into a food processor with the strawberries, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Process until the mixture gets stuck in the food processor. Stop the machine, scrape down the sides, and break up and big chunks. Continue processing and breaking up any chunks until the banana mixture turns creamy, and has the texture of soft serve.
- Spoon the banana strawberry ‘nice cream’ into the cantaloupe halves or pieces, and add the toppings.
- Serve immediately because nice cream melts quickly!
If you serve this as 2 servings, it pretty much makes a meal unless you can find super tiny melons and make half of the nice cream. 4 servings would be a pretty good sized snack or a large dessert portion.
You can also remove the melon from the rind and chop it into bite sized chunks. Then serve all the components of this recipe separately so that everyone can take as much as they’d like.