- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 4 oz vine ripe tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces (I used halved cherry tomatoes)
- 8 basil leaves, thinly sliced (2 Tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- drizzle of balsamic crema or aged balsamic vinegar
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Arrange the slices of mozzarella and the tomatoes on each plate.
- Sprinkle the basil over the top, and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Drizzle with balsamic crema and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- You can also pass the the balsamic, salt, and pepper around the table for everyone to season their own!
This recipe serves 4 as a first course or a side salad.