- Preheat the oven to 300ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl stir together the coconut, maple syrup, vanilla, and sea salt. Use a gentle hand while stirring so the coconut chips don’t get broken.
- Spread the coconut mixture in an even layer on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through. When the coconut chips are starting to turn golden brown, between 15-20 minutes, turn the oven off and stir the coconut chips for the second time.
- Shut the oven door after the second stirring and leave the coconut chips in the oven to cool down for 2 hours. This step really helps the chips get super crispy.
- Remove the chips from the oven after the 2 hours is up, and let them cool completely on the counter before storing them in an airtight container.
I often make these right after dinner, and then just let them cool down with the oven overnight.