Stir Fry Ingredients:
- 1 pkg boneless, skinless chicken thighs, 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, 10 ounces, finely diced
- 5 large stalks of celery, 10 ounces, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, 10 ounces, cut into 1/4” cubes
- 8 crimini mushrooms, 6 ounces, washed and sliced
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 small cloves garlic, minced
Stir Fry Sauce:
- 1 Tablespoon tapioca starch
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Teaspoon rice wine, optional
- 6 drops toasted sesame oil, about 1/4 Teaspoon
- 1/8 Teaspoon white pepper
- 1 bunch green onions, green part thinly sliced
- 1 cup toasted cashews, 4 ounces
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces about 1/2″ by 1/2″. Make sure all the remaining ingredients are prepped before starting the cooking process.
- For the sauce, mix together the tapioca starch and soy sauce until the tapioca is thoroughly mixed in with no remaining lumps. Mix in the rest of the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat a very large skillet, (15″) over medium high heat. When the pan is hot but not smoking add 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil, and sauté the chicken until browned and no longer pink. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to the pan along with the onion, celery, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until the veggies are crisp tender. Then add the ginger and garlic sautéing for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the chicken back into the pan along with the stir fry sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes until thickened and combined.
- Remove from the heat and add the green onions and cashews.
- Serve immediately with your choice of side dish. If you happen have any leftovers, they keep well for lunches.