This is my new go-to recipe for chicken; because what can’t be improved with chipotle? This started out as a basic marinade for summer grilling, but one thing led to another and I just couldn’t keep the chipotle out of there. So here we are with this Mexican inspired marinade, and you know what? Chipotle Grilled Chicken has just become my new building block for all things Mexican.
Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add the chicken. I like to marinate my chicken in a glass bowl, because.. well… it’s chicken, and plastic seems dicey. This recipe is really flavorful even if you marinate the chicken for 30 minutes, but overnight is better.
So.. about those grill marks, the secret is a really hot grill. I preheat the grill on high, sear the chicken for a couple of minutes. This lays down the first set of grill marks. Next, I reduce the heat to medium and rotate the chicken 45 degrees. This gives you the ‘crosshatched’ look. With chicken, it’s important to get plenty of time over medium heat or the outside will burn before the inside cooks.
Fresh off the grill and bronzed to perfection. I love the slightly sweet-spicy flavors of this marinade and the way it caramelizes the outside of the chicken.
We ate this with Caesar Salad, a little uncoventional and ooh so good. I can see many summer meals to come. We decided that this might be our new ‘after hiking’ meal. It was so easy and so good, I think it will be perfect end any hiking adventure.
- 1 Teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- ½ Teaspoon chipotle in adobo
- ½ Teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ½ Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Whisk together all ingredients for the marinade. Place the chicken in the marinade and turn to coat. Marinate at least 30 minutes, overnight is better.
- Preheat the grill on high. Place the chicken on the grill and sear for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the grill down to medium. To get the grill marks, rotate the chicken 45 degrees and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and cook until done, about 8-10 minutes. Serve immediately.
This recipe was first posted by Get Inspired Everyday! All content is Copyright Protected - ©2013 - 2016 Get Inspired Everyday!. All Rights Reserved.