- 4 cups frozen pitted sweet cherries, or fresh pitted cherries
- 4–5 Medjool dates, pitted and cut into quarters
- 1 cup coconut milk from the can
- 1/2 Teaspoon almond extract
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- Place all the ingredients into a high powered blender in the order listed. If you’re using fresh cherries, add 1-2 cups of ice cubes.
- Turn the blender on and slowly increase the speed to high. Blend at high speed until the smoothie is completely smooth.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve within 2 days.
- The smoothie gets thicker as is sits in the refrigerator, sometimes almost to a pudding consistency.