- 1 recipe of Homemade Coconut Ice Cream
- or 1 quart of ice cream
- 4 ounces chocolate – 75% cacao content
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups fresh berries (I used raspberries)
- Make the Homemade Coconut Ice Cream, or use 1 quart of your favorite flavor.
- While the ice cream is freezing in the machine, break the chocolate into pieces and place in a small saucepan.
- Add the coconut milk and melt the two together, stirring over low heat.
- When the chocolate mixture is completely smooth, pour the chocolate over the ice cream and stir to create ‘ripples’. If your ice cream if thoroughly frozen, soften in the fridge for 20 minutes before stirring in the chocolate.
- Serve immediately with the fresh berries, or freeze for an additional 3-4 hours for a firmer texture.
For a completely dairy free – vegan version, you’ll need to make sure that your chocolate is 100% dairy free.