- 1 pineapple, (mine was 5 pounds)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vietnamese cinnamon
- Preheat the grill on high.
- Prepare the pineapple by cutting off both ends. Stand the pineapple on it’s base and slice off the sides.
- Next, cut the pineapple away from the core by slicing from the top to the bottom and working your way around the core. You can also cut 1″ round slices to grill if you prefer.
- Cut the pineapple into wedges about 2″ thick.
- Combine the maple syrup and cinnamon, and drizzle the syrup over the pineapple, tossing to coat each wedge completely.
- Lower the grill heat to medium.
- Evenly space the pineapple across the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes per side.
- The intention of the grilling is to make a caramelized surface on the pineapple without turning it to mush. You want nice brown grill marks on both sides, and if your grill is on the cooler side you might need to turn the heat up to medium-high.
- To check if your level of heat is enough, lift up a piece of pineapple with tongs after 3 minutes. If it has a nice brown look, the heat is perfect. If it’s not browning turn the heat up, but avoid turning it all the way to high because it will burn too easily!