- 8 cups pre-washed mixed greens, 8 ounces
- 1 cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, washed and thinly sliced
- 3 navel or Cara Cara oranges, peeled
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch of green onions, thinly sliced
Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette:
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the greens in a large serving bowl and scatter the chopped walnuts and celery over the top.
- Cut the oranges into eighths lengthwise. Then thinly slice crosswise into triangular pieces an add them to the bowl.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit by barely inserting the tip of your knife into the base end of the seed and popping it out. Next cut slices lengthwise in each half and then slice crosswise to make small cubes, being careful not to cut through the skin and into your hand. Finally using a spoon, scoop the avocado cubes out and scatter them over the top of the salad with the green onions.
- Make the vinaigrette by placing everything into a mason jar, tightly secure the lid and shake vigorously until the dressing is emulsified. You can also whisk together all the ingredients except the oil in a bowl. Then add the oil in a slow steady drizzle while whisking constantly until all the oil is added and the dressing is emulsified.
- Toss the salad with the vinaigrette or serve the dressing on the side.
The recipe says 4-6 servings which is for a side salad portion, but if this is all we’re eating for dinner it usually just serves the 2 of us.