- 12 ounces (about 12 cups) baby spinach, washed
- 2 Cara Cara or Navel oranges
- 4 small blood oranges
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional), I used a sheep’s milk feta
- 1 small blood orange, peels cut off
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Place the spinach in a serving bowl.
- For the citrus, cut off both ends, and using a sharp paring knife cut the peels from the edges leaving only citrus with no white peel behind. To save time, you can also peel the citrus before cutting it up.
- Slice the citrus into rounds, and then cut any of the big rounds into bite-sized pieces.
- For the onion, cut off both ends and peel the tough outer layer. Cut the onion in half from the top to the bottom, and lay both halves flat side down on the cutting board. Thinly slice across the halves to make half moons. When the onions are completely sliced up, separate the half rounds into individual rings.
- Arrange the citrus and red onion over the top of the spinach and sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese over the top.
- Prepare the dressing by blending all the ingredients listed in a blender until mostly smooth.
- At this point, the salad and dressing can be covered and stored separately in the fridge for up to 8 hours before serving.
- When you’re ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately!
For a variation, try adding 1 pound of still warm from the grill chicken thighs all diced up!
- Prep Time: 20 mins