- 1 1/2 Tablespoons arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 – 10 ounce bag cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, (about 1 orange)
- 1/3 cup honey or Grade A maple syrup (1/2 cup if you like your sauce sweeter)
- Dissolve the arrowroot by adding the the water a little at a time.
- Combine the mixture with the rest of the ingredients and bring the sauce to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Lower the heat to medium, and simmer stirring occasionally until the cranberries begin to pop, 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for a day or two until you’re ready to use it.