- 1 cup frozen cranberries, 3 1/2 ounces
- 1 peeled and frozen banana, cut into chunks
- 2 oranges, 1 pound, peeled
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of cinnamon, (1/16th teaspoon)
Smoothie Bowl Toppings:
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup yogurt of your choice, depending on how creamy you like your smoothie bowls
- 1 orange or 3 mandarins, 12 ounces, peeled and cut bite sized
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries, fruit juice sweetened, optional
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Paleo Granola Dust, see notes
- Make sure you have your toppings prepped before making the smoothie base. You want the smoothie base to be frosty and thick, and not melted.
- When you have the toppings of your choice ready, make the smoothie base by adding the smoothie base ingredients into a high powered blender in the order listed
- Secure the lid and blend starting on low speed and working up to speeds 6-7. Use the tamper to keep the mixture moving, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie base into 2 serving bowls. Place the fruit over the top of the smoothie base, drizzle with yogurt, and finally sprinkle with Paleo Granola Dust.
- Serve immediately.
For the Paleo Granola Dust in this recipe, I replaced the figs from my original recipe with apple juice sweetened dried cranberries for a cranberry orange flavor.
You may need to add a touch of sweetener to the smoothie base depending on how sweet your oranges are.