- 4 ounces rice noodles, (I used Thai Kitchen stir-fry noodles shaped like fettucine)
- 6 ounces baby bok choy, sliced 1/4″ and washed
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 Teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt + more to your taste
- 6 ounces salmon fillet, grilled and set aside to cool
- or 6 ounces grilled chicken, cooled
- or freshly steamed edamame for vegetarian, vegan, or side dish versions of this dish
- Cook the rice noodles in boiling water, stirring often until the noodles are just tender with a bit of bite (similar to cooking Italian pasta). Drain them in a colander and run cold water over them to cool them to room temperature.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in the blender and blend on low speed until it’s mostly smooth with a few little lumps.
- Toss the noodles with the dressing, prepared bok choy, and chopped cilantro.
- Top with your choice of protein or leave it as is and enjoy.
- This dish travels really well and holds up well for up to 2 days, you may need to add a couple tablespoons of water to smooth out the dressing the second day.