This fruit based ice cream is super creamy and a great healthy option!
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced 1″ thick and frozen
- 1/3 cup coconut cream, see notes
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- sliced bananas
- toasted coconut flakes
- chocolate chips
- cacao nibs
- Double Coconut Caramel Sauce
- Place the frozen banana slices into a heavy duty food processor or high powered blender. Add the coconut cream, vanilla extract, and pinch of sea salt.
- Process until smooth, stopping the machine as needed to break up any chunks of banana that form. If you’re using a blender, blend at low speeds using the tamper to keep the mixture moving.
- When the nice cream is the texture of soft serve, serve it immediately with your choice of toppings. Or you can freeze it for 3-4 hours for a firmer texture, although nice cream will become icier as it sits in the freezer.
For the coconut cream, I scoop off the hardened cream that rises to the surface of a can of coconut milk and use that as the coconut cream called for.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Nice Cream, Banana Nice Cream, Dairy Free Banana Ice Cream, Vegan Ice Cream