- 1 large onion, diced into 1/4” pieces
- 2 bell peppers (I used red), cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt (this can vary depending on your salsa)
- 1 quart (32 ounces) salsa, best quality you can find
- Rice or Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- chopped tomatoes
- shredded lettuce
- Greek yogurt
- grated cheddar cheese
- Place the onion, bell pepper, cumin, and sea salt into the crockpot.
- Add the ground beef and use a wooden spoon to break up the meat into small pieces.
- Pour the salsa over top of the mixture making sure the salsa covers the meat and vegetables. Add a small amount of water if needed to cover the mixture and turn to low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve with any or all of the toppings.
Serve with Sweet Potatoes to make this Paleo, and no yogurt or cheese for dairy free.