- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon cardamom or cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM (OPT.)
- 1 can of coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Bananas for slicing
- Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with coconut oil.
- Place all of the ingredients into the blender in the order listed.
- Blend on low to medium until combined, stopping to scrape the sides if necessary.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- If serving with the coconut whipped cream, scoop the cream that has risen to the top of the can out and place it in the mixer (set the watery liquid aside for another use). Add the maple syrup and whip on high for about 10 minutes.
- Serve the cake with coconut whipped cream and sliced bananas or plain as desired.
No Sugar Variation: replace the 1/4 cup of maple syrup with an additional very ripe banana.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins