- 1 pound sweet onions, cut into halves then sliced into 1/4” half moons
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, seeded, sliced into strips then cut into 1” rectangles
- 3/4 pound of zucchini, cut into quarters lengthwise and sliced crosswise into 1/2” triangles
- 3/4 pound Japanese eggplant, cut into quarters lengthwise and sliced crosswise into 1/2” triangles
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons Curry paste*, I’ve used both red & Panang curry paste for this recipe
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 cans – 13.5 ounces each, full fat coconut milk
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt + additional to taste at the end of the cooking time
Serve with rice, cauliflower rice, rice noodles, or zucchini noodles
- If you don’t have roasted veggies already made from my market veggie recipe, prepare the veggies listed here in the recipe, and spread them in an even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, and roast at 425ºF for 20-30 minutes, stirring the vegetables twice during the cooking time.
- Once you have your veggies, you’re ready to begin!
- Heat a large skillet (12″ or bigger) over medium high heat. Add the curry paste and the avocado oil to the pan and sauté the curry paste for 1-2 minutes, or until it’s very fragrant. This step really helps bring out the flavor of the curry paste.
- Add both cans of coconut milk to the pan and bring the curry back to a boil, stirring to incorporate the curry paste. Lower the heat to medium and simmer the curry for 5-10 minutes – or until the liquid is reduced by 1/2. Add the roasted veggies to the pan, and simmer for a few minutes to heat up the veggies. Taste the curry and add more salt if necessary.
- Serve piping hot!
*The heat level really varies depending on what curry paste you use. So when in doubt, add less than what’s called for because you can always add more later if you’d like.