- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 3 cups blended fresh tomatoes (4–5 cups cherry tomatoes)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon garam masala
- 1 Teaspoon ground fenugreek leaves
- 2 Teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 green chilies, opt.
- Cut each chicken thigh into about 4 pieces (2″ x 2″ or so). Mix together the chicken pieces with the next three ingredients and set aside to marinate 20 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill on high for the chicken.
- Meanwhile, place a skillet over medium high heat. Add the blended tomatoes, garlic, ginger, chili powder, garam masala, fenugreek, and sea salt. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, grill the chicken over high heat for 3-5 minutes per side. Don’t worry about cooking it through, this step is to add smoky grill flavor.
- Pass the sauce through a fine mesh strainer. Return to the skillet, add coconut milk and grilled chicken. Cut a slit lengthwise in each chili and add to the sauce as well. Simmer for a few minutes until thickened and chicken is cooked through.