- 2 romaine hearts
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Tear or cut romaine hearts into bite sized pieces. Wash in salad spinner then place in a serving bowl.
- Peel 3-4 strips from the cucumber. Split the cucumber in half then into quarters lengthwise. Slice crosswise into small pieces.
- Top the salad greens with the grated carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, and green onions.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, garlic and salt. While whisking, add the olive oil in a slow steady stream. Continue whisking until emulsified.
- Toss the salad with the vinaigrette or serve on the side
When the salad is the main part of the meal, 4 servings becomes perfect for 2 people when combined with roasted sweet potatoes.