- 1 medium onion, diced into 1/4” pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, diced into 1/2” pieces
- 1 pound zucchini, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 Teaspoon rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 4–8 eggs (1–2 per person)
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place a very large (16-18″) skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon of the butter or olive oil.
- Sauté the vegetables for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add the sea salt and rosemary, mix thoroughly.
- Move the veggies to the side of the pan and lower the heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of butter or olive oil to the middle of the skillet. Crack the eggs into the center, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and fry for 1-2 minutes until they’re ready to turn or place a lid on the skillet for sunny side up. Cook the eggs for an addition 1-2 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your preference.
- To serve, carefully scoop the vegetables onto individual plates or 1 serving dish and top with the eggs. Sprinkle with parmesan and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
For a completely dairy free version, be sure to use olive oil and no parmesan.
If you’re cooking 8 or more eggs, it’s easier to transfer the vegetables to a serving dish (keeping it warm in the oven) and use the entire skillet space for the eggs.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins