- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder, see notes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup wild frozen huckleberries or blueberries, fresh regular blueberries work as well
- Maple syrup and optional butter for serving
- Mix together the almond flour, tapioca starch, cinnamon, sea salt, and baking powder together until no lumps remain.
- Then mix in the eggs and milk of your choice until a batter forms.
- Preheat a pan over medium-low heat. When the pan is hot, add a small amount of butter, ghee, avocado oil, or coconut oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter into the pan to form 4-6″ pancakes. Sprinkle some of the berries over each pancake, and cook until small bubbles appear in the batter.
- Then turn the pancakes and cook until they’re done in the center.
- Serve them immediately as they’re cooked, along with maple syrup and the optional butter.
Baking powder can often have additives which means it’s not always gluten free or paleo. To be on the safe side, you can make your own by using 1 part baking soda and 2 parts cream of tartar, and using the mixture right away.
Each batch of pancakes takes about 5 minutes to cook, so depending on how much you make, the time will increase. You can also cook on a large griddle or 2 pans to speed things up.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins