- 2 large ripe pears, weighing about 1 pound
- 2 ripe bananas
- 8 stalks lacinato kale, (also known as black or Tuscan kale) weighing 4 ounces
- 1 small piece of ginger, about 1” x 1″ weighing 1/2 ounce
- 1 – 16 ounce bottle of kombucha, citrus flavor
- Optional: 1/2 – 1 cup water to thin the smoothie after blending
- Quarter and core the pears before adding them to a blender. Peel the bananas and break them into quarters as you add them to the blender.
- Next remove the stems from the kale, and add them along with the ginger and the kombucha to the blender as well.
- Blend starting on a low speed and working up to high, blend until completely smooth. This takes about 1 minute in my Vitamix.
- After blending, you may want to add a bit of water depending on how thick you like your smoothies.
- Pour into containers and enjoy!
- If you’d like to keep the smoothie for a few hours, place it in the refrigerator, but be sure to drink it relatively quickly (within the day) because green smoothies don’t taste as good the longer they sit.