- 2 cups milk of choice, I used an almond milk/coconut milk blend which is my favorite
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/2 + 1/4 Teaspoons Vietnamese cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 Teaspoon ginger, ground
- pinch of black pepper
- 2–4 Tablespoons pure maple syrup, or honey
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Ice cubes if serving cold
- Set a medium sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk together the milk, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and black pepper in the saucepan. Increase the heat to high, and bring the mixture to a boil, whisking frequently to keep the mixture from scorching on the bottom.
- When the turmeric tea/golden milk has reached a boil, lower the the heat to low, and keep it at a bare simmer for 3-5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, and whisk in your choice of sweetener to taste, along with the vanilla extract.
- Serve the tea immediately for a hot version, or cool it completely in the fridge, and serve as desired over ice within 1 week.