- 1 1/2 cups fine almond flour
- 1 Tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt, see notes
- 1 Teaspoon Vietnamese cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, fruit juice sweetened
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest, from 1 orange
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 3 ounces, or white chocolate chunks
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter, melted, 3 ounces, or coconut oil for dairy free
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Add the almond flour, tapioca starch, coconut sugar, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, cranberries, almonds, orange zest, and chocolate chips to a mixing bowl, and mix together until completely combined.
- Melt the butter in a 9″ cast iron pan, then add the melted butter to the mixing bowl along with the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix together until a thick cookie dough forms, then spread the cookie dough as evenly as possible into the cast iron pan you melted the butter in. Bake until lightly golden brown and puffed, but still nice and gooey in the center, about 15-20 minutes. The baking time will vary slightly depending on the temperature of the cast iron pan when you put it into the oven, so start checking early to make sure it doesn’t over bake.
- Serve while still hot or warm with your favorite ice cream.
For a dairy free version of this cookie, use coconut oil in place of the butter, and increase the sea salt to 1/2 teaspoon.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins