- 12 cups chopped washed romaine lettuce, from 1 large head
- 1 cup cooked crumbled bacon, from an 8 ounce package
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes, 10 ounces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced chives
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, 1 pound, cubed into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, 1/2 of 1 large onion
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
Avocado Ranch Dressing:
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 Tablespoons minced chives
- 3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar, or fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, see notes
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 cup coconut milk, from the can
- 1/4 cup water
- Place all the salad ingredients into a large serving bowl.
- For the dressing add all the ingredients into a blender, and blend until mostly smooth with small bits of the herbs remaining.
- Serve the salad and dressing together.
- To make this into salad jars, divide the dressing between 6 – 32ounce mason jars, or as much dressing as desired. Top the dressing with the cherry tomatoes, chives, chicken, bacon bits, red onion, and finally fill each of the jars with the romaine.
- Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, and add fresh avocado the day you are eating the salad.
To substitute dried herbs in for fresh the ratio is 1:3. So for the parsley and dill called for you would use 1 Teaspoon dried in place of the 1 Tablespoon of fresh herbs called for.