- 18–22 fat asparagus spears, about 1 pound
- 4 ounces sliced prosciutto, around 112 grams
- Preheat the grill over medium until the temperature is a steady 300ºF – 350ºF.
- While the grill preheats, start wrapping the prosciutto around the asparagus spears. For the prosciutto, I cut the slices into 1/2″ strips lengthwise, and then wrapped each strip around a spear of asparagus. Secure the ends by overlapping the last two layers and pressing them together with your fingers. The prosciutto sticks together really well once it’s pressed together.
- Once you’ve wrapped all the asparagus with prosciutto strips, lay them crosswise to the grill slats, and lower the heat to medium low. It’s important to keep the temperature between that 300ºF- 350ºF range so that you don’t have any flare ups.
- Cook the asparagus for 6-8 minutes or until just tender. As the asparagus cooks rotate it 2-3 times to grill all the sides.
- When the asparagus is cooked serve it immediately! I think it’s best hot off the grill, but it’s also really good at room temperature so it would make a good picnic item.
I’ve included both the ounces and the grams for the prosciutto because depending on the deli you’re ordering from they use different measurements, and it’s no fun doing a last minute calculation in your head!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins