- Preheat the grill over high heat. These tortilla pizzas can also be cooked in the oven at 425ºF.
- Lightly brush each side of the tortilla with olive oil and place it on a cutting board.
- Spread the marinara evenly over the tortilla, using more or less depending on the size of your tortilla.
- Break the mozzarella up into small pieces, and place them evenly across the top.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt if desired – you may not need to depending on the saltiness of your sauce and cheese, so taste each component and see if you need to add more.
- Carefully slide the tortilla (using a spatula to help) onto the grill and immediately lower the heat to medium.
- Cook until the cheese is melty – about 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with your thinly sliced basil and devour!
This recipe is great for anything from a snack to pizza parties where everyone makes their own customized pizza!
If want to make the paleo/primal version, follow the recipe link to my strawberries and cream crepes where you’ll find the paleo crepe recipe.