- 5 ripe bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, or any other nut butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, I used Dagoba
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Optional ‘chunks’ for mixing in:
- sliced bananas, chocolate chunks/chips, roasted peanuts/nuts, and cacao nibs
- At least 8 hours or 1 day before you plan to make this recipe, cut/break the bananas into quarters and freeze them.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer, and place them into the food processor. Sometimes they freeze together and you’ll need to break them up as you put them in.
- Add the peanut butter or other nut butter, cocoa powder, vanilla, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Secure the lid and process until the mixture gets stuck in the food processor. Stop and scrape down the sides, breaking up and chunks that have formed. Continue processing, stopping when necessary until the the mixture forms a creamy smooth ‘ice cream’. This takes anywhere from 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately or place in the freezer for a few hours to create a firmer texture.