Today’s Healthy Meal Prep for Winter is filled with all my favorite recipes and tips for Whole30 meal prepping seasonally right now!
I’m back with another meal prepping post, and I’m hoping this will be a regular ‘thing’ this year, so let me know if you’re interested!? While it’s no secret I’ve always been hit and miss with meal prepping, I’ve become more consistent with it over time.
Meal prepping makes the work week so much easier that I find myself motivated to make it happen even on the busy weeks. So below you’ll find the breakdown of what’s in the photos, along with extra recipe inspiration for my favorite things to meal prep in the colder months.
Meal Prep Breakdown (all recipes are Whole30):
From the bottom left moving up and clockwise:
- Crockpot Applesauce
- Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Chicken Soup
- Easy Fire Roasted Blender Salsa to go with the breakfast bowls. You won’t need the whole batch, so you can freeze some for another week. That’s the kind of 2 for 1 meal prepping I really love!
- Fresh pineapple, cut up into bite sized chunks.
- Potsticker Stir Fry, or you can also make Instant Pot Egg Roll Bowl. I also made some steamed rice that’s not pictured, (or Whole30).
- Roasted Green Beans: toss them with a touch of olive oil, sea salt, and garlic powder, then roast at 450 for fresh, or 500ºF for frozen until tender and lightly browned.
- Sweet Potatoes from my Mexican Inspired Breakfast Bowls.
What we ate for the week, (we work 4-10’s so that’s reflected below):
- Breakfasts: 2 mornings of my Mexican Inspired Breakfast Bowls for both of us, and 2 mornings Green Smoothies (the Pina Colada is my current favorite) for me, and 2 mornings plain scrambled eggs for Tyler.
- Lunches: Alternated between the Turmeric Chicken Soup and the Potsticker Stir Fry packed with applesauce for Tyler’s lunches. For his lunches, I warmed up the stir fry with the steamed rice and placed it into a thermos. For myself, I just heat up the stir fry, (plain without rice) or soup at lunchtime on the stove since I work from home. I’m the one who eats the pineapple, either for an afternoon snack or in my morning green smoothie.
- Dinners: In between eating leftovers from recipe testing we ate the Mexican Breakfast Bowls once, and the last of the Potsticker Stir Fry on one night.
Extra Inspiration for Winter Meal Prepping, (all Whole30 recipes):
- Sweet Potato Sausage Apple Hash
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Sweet Potatoes
- Meal Prep Sweet Potato Avocado Toast
- Sweet Potato Noodles and Greens Breakfast Meal Prep
- Sheet Pan Fajita Meal Prep
- Healthy Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- 5 Easy Whole30 Instant Pot Chicken Marinades
- Enchilada Sweet Potato Noodles
- Instant Pot Carnitas
- Instant Pot Avocado Egg Salad
I hope you’ll let me know below what kind of meal prepping works for you and your household, and if you’d like to see more of this over the year to come!
Also if you’re looking for more recipes, this meal prep category will give you lots of inspiration. And finally, for more big meal prep breakdowns, the meal-prepping category on our blog has lots to help you out.
2 thoughts on “Healthy Meal Prep for Winter”
Thank you for this, I love it.
I admit I am meal prepping challenged. But I’m here because I want the rewards!
Ultimate meal planning for me this year would be:
Super simple (limited ingredients and steps)
Mostly lower, but not no-carb
Can’t wait for the chicken soup recipe!
Definitely with you on the all of these things, especially the super simple and interchangeable, that’s something I’m really working on as well as full meal prepping recipes. It’s so nice just to roast a pan of veggies or something along those lines to turn into other meals! And I really hope you enjoy the soup!