- 1 – 13.5 ounce can coconut milk (not light)
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted yielding 4.5 ounces
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, (Dagoba brand)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, Grade A for lightest flavor
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- Fudge Sauce:
- 4 Tablespoons maple syrup, Grade A
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Chill the ice cream base in the refrigerator for a 2 hours before freezing.
- Freeze the ice cream according to the manufacturer’s instructions for your machine.
- The easiest way to tell if the ice cream is done, is when it stands up on a spoon instead of sliding right off.
- After the ice cream’s done, remove it from the machine and serve immediately or freeze for a harder texture.
- The fudge sauce is optional, but I highly recommend adding it.
- Using a flat bottom whisk, whisk together the maple syrup and cocoa powder until smooth. I like to store my fudge sauce in a squeeze bottle in the refrigerator. It will keep for at least 1 month.
Freezing the ice cream usually takes about 20 minutes.