Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash is the easiest way to cook this versatile squash. I’ve also included how to cook spaghetti squash in the oven as well. Either way you go, I know you’ll enjoy this healthy low carb squash as an easy side dish to so many things.
We eat a fair bit of spaghetti squash, yet if you search for it here on the blog, there are not that many recipes. That’s because most of the time we’re eating it just like I’m telling you about today – roasted.
Spaghetti squash is a great side dish to all kinds of main dishes as well as anything saucy. It’s also a great way to replace whatever your usual starch would be with another serving of veggies.
My top 3 favorite ways to serve spaghetti squash
- Alongside meatballs like this Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash with Easy Meatballs.
- With a stir fry in place of the usual steamed rice.
- As a side dish to any easy entree like my Easy Herb Roasted Chicken or saucy like this Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken.
Yes, once the spaghetti squash is cooled, portion it into airtight containers and freeze it for up to 6 months.
How long does it keep in the refrigerator? It will store well for 3-5 days.
It will store well for 3-4 days.
It varies from around 40-55 calories per cup.
Yes, since it’s a hard squash, it definitely keeps well (uncooked) in a cool dark place for several months. This will also depend on how fresh the squash is, to begin with. I bought quite a few at a local farm’s stock-up sale, and it’s been keeping well for 3 months now.
How to cook spaghetti squash
- My preferred method is to cut the spaghetti squash in half like in the above photo.
- Then I scrape out the seeds and place the halves cut side down on a lined baking sheet and roast until tender.
I also tried the method of cutting the spaghetti squash into rings like the above photo for longer noodles. And I have to say from my perspective – so not worth the hassle, but to each their own, I might be just a little too impatient!
How to cook it in the Instant Pot
- Place the trivet into the Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water.
- Add the spaghetti squash to the Instant Pot.
- Pressure cook for about 20 minutes for a 3-pound squash.
- Quick release and carefully remove the squash from the Instant Pot.
- Let the squash cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting it in half, scraping out the seeds, and shredding the ‘noodles’.
Tip: A 3 pound spaghetti squash fits really well into a 6 quart Instant Pot. I have fit a 4 pound one in once, but this really depends on the shape of the squash. The larger they are, you’re running the risk the squash will be too long to fit into the Instant Pot.
More spaghetti squash recipe inspiration
- Creamy Spaghetti Squash Florentine
- Margherita Spaghetti Squash Boats
- Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore with Spaghetti Squash
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash with Easy Meatballs
I hope this ‘how to’ for spaghetti squash was helpful and gave you some more inspiration for what to do with this tasty squash. If you try it, I hope you’ll leave me a comment/rating below. And I always love hearing from you here, and over on Instagram where you can tag me at #getinspiredeveryday with your photos.Print
This method for cooking spaghetti squash is super simple and tasty every single time!
1 – 3 pound spaghetti squash
For the oven: Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Carefully cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
Scrape out the seeds, and place the halves cut side down on a lined baking sheet.
Roast until fork tender, about 45 minutes. If the spaghetti squash is too crunchy for your taste, continue to cook another 10 minutes or so to soften.
Using a fork, shred the spaghetti squash into ‘noodles’ and serve hot.
Secure the lid, set to sealing, and pressure cook for 25 minutes.
Use the quick release method, then carefully remove the spaghetti squash from the Instant Pot.
Let the squash cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting it in half, scraping out the seeds and shredding it into ‘noodles’ with a fork. Serve hot.
Total cooking time with coming up to pressure and the release for the Instant Pot is also about 45 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Spaghetti Squash recipe, How to cook spaghetti squash, Spaghetti squash hot to cook