- 5 ounces pineapple chunks, (raw – not from a can if possible)
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 1 pkg frozen açai purée
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts (I like them roasted, but raw is fine too)
- Optional spoonfuls of yogurt of choice to further enhance the decadent nature of this breakfast
- Place the smoothie ingredients into the blender in the order listed, this helps it blend better.
- Blend starting on low and working up to high until the mixture is completely blended (use the tamper if the mixture isn’t moving very well).
- Pour the açai smoothie into 2 bowls and top with the fresh fruit, macadamia (or granola), and yogurt if you desire.
- These smoothie bowls are infinitely customizable. Vary the toppings according to your preferences and what’s in season!