This simple recipe is a go-to for us during every asparagus season!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 2 pounds
- 2 Teaspoons Herbs de Provence
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 2 Teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch of asparagus, 1 1/2 pounds, washed and woody stems removed
- 1 lemon, cut into thin slices
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chicken breasts evenly on the baking sheet, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Herb de Provence, minced garlic, olive oil, honey or maple syrup, lemon zest, lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper until combined. Pour half of the mixture over the chicken breasts. Place the pan in the oven and cook until the chicken is almost done, about 20 minutes.
- Toss the remaining Herbs de Provence mixture with the asparagus, and set it aside.
- When the chicken is almost done, remove it from the oven, and set the oven to the broil setting. Place the asparagus around the edges. Pour any of the remaining sauce from the asparagus over the pan. Place a few lemon slices in and around the chicken and asparagus.
- Broil, (on the low setting) the chicken and asparagus until the asparagus is crisp tender and the chicken golden brown and no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven Roasted
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sheet Pan Dinner, Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner, Chicken and Asparagus, One Pan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus