I hope you’ll enjoy my family’s favorite special occasion recipe!
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil, or olive oil
- 12 ounces crimini mushrooms, about 18
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup white wine, optional see notes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Clean the mushrooms thoroughly and pat them dry. Thinly slice them about 1/4″ thick. Preheat a 9″ cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When the pan is hot but not smoking, add the avocado oil and the sliced mushrooms.
- Sauté the mushrooms until browned and just tender, be sure not to stir them too often because they won’t brown properly if they’re constantly stirred.
- When the mushrooms are done, add the rosemary and the white wine. Simmer until the wine is reduced by half, and then add the heavy cream. Bring the sauce to a boil being careful not to let it boil over. Then lower the heat and simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Season the sauce to taste with sea salt and pepper, serve as desired to seriously grateful guests!
Just a note about the wine, it adds a beautifully complex flavor to the final sauce, but it’s definitely not mandatory. I’ve made this sauce without it plenty of times, and everyone still loves it. That being said, if you do go with some wine, I recommend a Pinot Grigio which has a crisp acidity to it which compliments the richness of the sauce.
The nutritional information is calculated for 6 servings.
Keywords: Cream Sauce, Rosemary Mushroom Cream Sauce, Mushroom Cream Sauce